Video: Special effects gone wrong as Nollywood actor Ani Iyoho almost burns to death

UPDATE: Ani Iyoho reportedly released a statement saying he’s well.

In an official statement released on Instagram, Ani Iyoho wrote:

To my friends

For most of you who have ever commented or sent a chat to me you know I do all I can to respond to them all. So it hurt me deeply to keep you in silence and in the dark during this period. I couldn’t avoid it. The calls were maddening. My phone had to be turned off till the matter was resolved in public where it started.

It worried the production that anything I might say as an individual may be misinterpreted further worsening the situation. I’m truly sorry beyond words for the emotional stress and inconvenience this might have caused you. It wasn’t a publicity stunt for me as some might still want to have you believe. It was a huge misunderstanding, misrepresentation and misinterpretation of events of that day and it took a toll on me in ways I can not explain.

I am however extremely humbled at the love, care and support I got from you during this period. Words fail me. I am indebted to you. Thanks for being there for me and my family. God bless you and yours. Amen I am well. It was a movie fire scene that went well.
Ani Iyoho

Nollywood needs more lessons on Health and Safety. This is a very sad story of a stunt gone terribly wrong.

 Yesterday morning, upcoming actor, Ani Iyoho wrote on his instagram page that he will be set on fire on set of his new movie.

He said in a video on Instagram:  “Today I will be set on fire…it’s a very dangerous thing, please don’t try this at home.” . Well, things went tragically wrong.

He was indeed set on fire on the movie set. The fire extinguisher didn’t work and he tragically burnt, almost to death

 *viewer discretion advised*

This is the statement sent out by friends of Ani:

 “Special-effects gone wrong on a Nollywood set as actor got burnt, lands in hospital. A near death incident was averted on a Nollywood set recently when a promising actor, Ani Iyoho was badly burnt while playing a fire incident role on set of movie director, Stanlee Ohikhuare.

“An actor on set said while Ani was burning, the fire extinguisher on set did not work and Stanlee shocked everyone by continuing filming with the intention to add the real fire incident to the film. Ani as we write now is on hospital bed, with his colleagues running around to raise money for him.

“All efforts to reach Stanlee has proved abortive and the producers of the movie Kelechi Udegbe and Ugochukwu Azikiwe have been on the run.”

Video Credit: Instagram

Comments

comments

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: